Monday, January 26, 2009

New SciFi Technos

This week was fun to explore all the possible science links and tools. I am a huge fan of Google earth and I always have fun using it. But this assignment introduced me to some cool new websites and ideas. For this science activity my group explored the virtual pond website and the utility of digital microscopes. I think that digital microscopes would be a good tool in the classroom because of the hands on experience that it would provide students with. I always loved microscopes when I was young and I think every kid enjoys exploring through a 'new lense'. The microscope would allow them to make sense of what they are seeing because they would be the one viewing the content. I am a huge fan of the utility of a digital microscope.

2 comments:

  1. thanks! - we have two digital microscopes that can be explored in the lab and checked out for use too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicki, I agree with you, I loved looking through microscopes as a kid. I also really like Google earth but I haven't used it that much. Its so cool how it works though, and I also used the virtual pond website, I loved all the live pictures of the animals swimming.

    ReplyDelete